Protecting the Magic
Walt Disney World’s Re-Opening
On this rainy morning of gloom in my home-office in North Carolina, I found myself wishing someone would wave a magic wand and lift my spirits. Wish granted! Today your friends at VIP Travel Designs received word that Walt Disney World has a plan to responsibly reopen its Florida theme parks beginning July 11.
Pending Orange County and Florida state approval, Walt Disney World Resort plans for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom to begin a phased reopening public on July 11, followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15. Disney World is committed to protecting the magic! Each theme park, each resort, each Disney experience will be re-imagineered with the health and safety of all Disney guests and cast members. Here’s what we know Disney is doing:
- WDW theme parks will open at reduced-capacity. Reservations for park entrance will need to be made in advance. WDW is currently focused on delivering the magic to guests who currently have tickets, so they are pausing new ticket sales and hotel reservations.
- Temperature checks and face masks for guests 3 years old and up will be required for all visitors and cast members.
- Some Disney experiences designed for crowds, like make-overs, parades, character meet and greets, and fireworks displays and other nighttime shows are cancelled at this time.
- Contactless / cashless transactions will be encouraged and expanded.
- Tons of signs outlining physical distancing requirements are going up.
- WDW is enhancing its cleaning and sanitation practices, and adding more hand-washing stations and protective physical barriers.
Our Travel Designers at VIP Travel Designs will continue to monitor all Disney developments so that in planning your Disney vacation we can make sure you have the opportunity to make magical Disney memories when you are ready. Click on the link below to get on our list to be notified once Disney Reservations are once again open for booking.
For now, I hope you share in my delight that there are signs of tremendous teamwork striving to protect the magic; the magic of Walt Disney World and the magic of family vacations!